COMPLACENCY MAKES THE LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT OF A COMPANY TO AVOID TALKING AND DEALING WITH THE REAL ISSUES.LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT OF A COMPANY TO AVOID TALKING AND DEALING WITH THE REAL ISSUES.
Complacency makes the leadership and management of a company to avoid talking and dealing with the real issues, thus denying themselves the opportunity of making important decisions for necessary transformative change that would secure the future of their company. The sources of complacency are as follows:
1. Not being conscientious enough to dig deeper into their corporate experience and culture to uncover a looming crisis, even though it’s telltale signs may not yet be visible at the moment.
2. Lulling themselves with the resources and the affluence of the past.
3. Low overall performance standards playing to the rank and file.
4. Employees narrow functional goals divorced from current realities and trends in the open market.
5. Inadequate performance feedback from external sources, like shareholders, customers, consultants, and market indices.
6. Operating in denial of unfavorable realities and discouraging staff from discussing them.
7. Indulging in baseless optimism that is rooted in the past, that has no appreciable, favorable impact on the survival of the company, by top management.
I can convey to oneself took your period examine the subject matter, Excellent effort and hard work.