Hope reflects our perceptions of our capacities to conceptualise clearly goals, develop the specific strategies to reach those goals, and initiate and sustain the motivation for using those strategies. Truth to, beneficial change is attributable, in part, to hope. To this end, the ideas behind how to give hope to yourself, stand crucial. Proceeding along with, the ideas prime you to become a high hope individual who prefers stretch goals, goals that are slightly more difficult than previously attained goals.
To continue with, A goal can be anything that you desire to experience, create, get, do or become. As such, a goal ranges from a significant life-long pursuit to the mundane or brief.
In Good With, How To Give Hope To Yourself Unfolds Through The Following Steps. The Steps Stimulate You To Uncover The Hope That Is Part Of Your Inner Makeup.
1. Break A Long-range Goal Into Steps Or Sub-goals
2. Concentrate On The First Sub-goal As You Begin Your Pursuit Of A Distant Goal.
3. Uncover Different Routes To Your Goal And Select The Best One.
4. Mentally Rehearse Scripts For What You Would Do Should You Encounter A Blockage.
5. Learn A New Skill If You Need It To Reach Your Goal.
6. Cultivate Two-way Friendships Where You Can Give And Get Advice.
7. Bond With Hopeful People.
8. Do Not Think You Can Reach Your Big Goals All At Once.
9. Rush Not Into Selecting The Best Or First Route To Your Goal.
10. Moderate Your Thinking With The Idea Of Finding One Perfect Route To Your Goal. Do not overthink.
11. When An Initial Strategy Fails, Do Not Conclude That You Are Lacking In Talent Or Are No Good.
12. Avoid Friendships Where You Are Praised For Not Coming Up With Solutions To Your Problems.
13. Tell Yourself That You Have Chosen The Goal, So it Your Job To Go After It.
14. Talk To Yourself In Positive Voices. “I can do this.”
15. Recall Your Previous Successful Goal Pursuits, Particularly When You Faced An Alarming Challenge.
16. Laugh At Yourself, Especially If You Encounter Some Impediment To Your Goal Pursuits.
17. Find A Substitute Goal When The Original Goal Is No Longer Doable.
18. Enjoy The Process Of Getting To Your Goals And Do Not Focus Only On The Final Attainment.
19. Don’t Suppress Any Internal Put-down Or Negative Thoughts Because This May Only Make Them Stronger.
20. Avoid Getting Impatient If Your Willful Thinking Doesn’t Increase Quickly.
21. Don’t Conclude That Things Will remain unchangeable, Especially If You Are Down.
22. When Faced With Adversity, Don’t Engage In Self-pity.
23. Evaluate Your Progress towards A Goal.
25. Reframe Obstacles As Challenges To Be Overcome.
In line with the ideas, how to awaken the hope that is part of your inner make-up, how to give hope to yourself, stimulates you to summon the energy to maintain the pursuit of your goals and reframe obstacles as challenges to be overcome.
I am a big fan of Breaking Long-range Goals Into Steps Or Sub-goals. It has always worked very well for me. It also has a great boosting energy and motivation effect on me. Enjoying the process is also the best way to do things. It will ensure consistency!
Great tips! I break my big goals up into chunks. I especially liked that you referenced not surrounding yourself with ‘friends’ that bring you down! So important!
I find goal setting really helps me focus, and breaking goals down into individual steps or subgoals helps me stay on task day to day, which is good given I’m quite easily distracted!
There are some really top hints and tips here for sure. I think learning a new skill to reach a goal is a good one xx
This lock down period has given me time to re-evaluate my work habits. I think staying focused despite the many distractions are working well for me. I do not make long term goals. I always believe making short term SMART goals are more motivating.
Great tips to stay positive, especially during these times when everything is so uncertain. I always prefer learning a new skill when I don’t have anything to do or if I am unaware of next steps.