WHAT EXCEPTIONAL LEADERS DO (1)
1. Self-awareness is one of their major strong points. They are very clear with their inner values, beliefs, and internal dynamics; this gives them the flexibility to act proactively. They do not compromise their values and beliefs to meet the demands of others.
2. Assessing themselves accurately gives them the leeway to keep their strengths and limitations in view all the time. They look kindly to feed-backs and make adjustments in their leadership style, as the need arises.
3. They hire subordinates who will bolster their strengths and shore-up their weaknesses.
4. In the face of success, they realize that there is always room for improvement.
5.They operate in the present, and do not allow past failures to impede their effectiveness.
6. They bolster their confidence by playing to their strengths.
7. Optimistically, they are prompt in making decisions, taking bold actions, and inspiring others to do the same.
8. Transcending their doubts and fears through preparation and courage stand them out.
9. They radiate true self-confidence that accommodates others’ point of view.
10. Knowing his mood, he is aware of its influence on the moods of his employees, which in turn impacts their productivity. With this awareness, he is able to keep his mood in the positive quadrant most of the time.
11. He listens to his intuition despite the dictates of logic.
12. They enjoy what they do, and their excitement and passion galvanizes their subordinates. They delegate certain aspects of their work, where their zeal is lacking.
13. They think broadly and clearly define their future expectations and goals. With clarity of mission, they can sell their vision to everyone, and get them on board.
14. To achieve success in their organization, they create a balance between their future desires and current operational dynamics.
15. The cardinal rules of leadership mastery include setting goals for themselves and their subordinates, executing tasks appropriately, leading others to excellence, and achieving measurable outcomes.
16. Their overall body language – erectness, deep breathing, sureness of movement, radiates confidence, poise, decisiveness, and openness.
17. Communicating the measurable details and specifics of his expectation, and giving fruitful feedback when others fall short of it, results in awakening the innate desire to accomplish great things in his people.
18. A leader burnishes his effectiveness by demonstrating a willingness to make tough decisions, engaging in difficult conversations, and building important relationships. To converse is to build a relationship.
19. Inspiring themselves and others to persevere in the face of challenging situations is an adjunct of leadership excellence.
20. Being efficient, utilizing their time effectively, improving on their personal systems and habits, all coalesce together to create a successful leader.
By Azubike Eze